Monday, September 28, 2009

for the last time

So, I am officially in my second and final year of my time in Australia. Well, that is if I stick to my contract of only two years and leave next August. That is the plan right now but you never know what the Big Guy has in store.
To the point of this post that is just a tad out of the blue.
All of last year I was doing things for the first time. I went to a bunch of beaches for the first time, had Christmas in Australia for the first time, went to several camps for the first time, ate certain food for the first time, you get the picture. All of the sudden I am doing things for the last time! It is the strangest feeling! I dont really like it at all. This last weekend we went to a camp down in Victoria called Revive. When I arrived here in August last year Camp Revive was the first major event I attended. It was fantastic then and it was awesome again! And now I have just gone to Revive for the last time. This is the beginning of doing things for the last time. But more importantly it is the beginning of seeing certain people for the last time. Which I already know is going to be the hardest thing about leaving.
I'm not really as depressed or emo about this like i might sound. It's just a really strange feeling and I wanted to write it down.
I do know if I go back to the states in August it doesn't mean I will never return to Australia and experience any of the things again that I am doing now for the "last" time. Okay, enough of being a downer. Things are fabulous here and I have learned so much about myself, church work, my relationship with God and others, who God is, and on and on and on. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Also, since I'm posting. I have passed the one year mark now, as previously stated. Some people/churches had committed to giving monetarily once each year and since then have decided they are not able. I know God is faithful and will provide. If you get the feeling He wants to work through in this way, this is how you would go about doing that.
Mail a donation to:
Memorial Road Church of Christ
Attn: HIM Program
2221 E Memorial Road
Edmond, OK 73013
(and note that it's for me)

Thanks so much to those who have given, those who continue to give monthly, those that will give again and those who are praying for me.

No comments: