Sunday, March 29, 2009

visitors and neighbors

Here are a few of the things we've had visiting or living near us lately.


We've had around 5 slugs in our kitchen, that I've seen, in the last couple months. The last one escaped beneath the linoleum before I could chuck it outside. Between seeing that and some new soft spots we're beginning to be a bit concerned about our floor.


This guy lives in a huge web between our tree and back fence. It's hard to tell how big it is from this picture but I'll just tell ya...it's huge.


This guy thought a cozy spot between Sammie's hammock and the fence was a good place to settle in.


Thank the Lord we haven't had any of these at our house yet. This monster was at the church building last month. I have been told about these spiders called "huntsman" spiders for a while now and how they are huge but completely harmless but I honestly don't think I could handle seeing one in the place I live.

2 comments:

Fradam said...

Well.. as much as I can't handle some of the pictures that well.. I'm glad you guys are getting to know your neighbours and all :)

Sammie said...

Great, now no one is going to come visit us, ever. ;)