Wednesday, September 24, 2008

gettin outta herrr.

Tomorrow we are heading down to...Healesville? I can't remember the name of the town, somewhere near Melbourne is all I know. There is a church retreat called Revive this weekend. I am really excited! It is like a 10 hour car ride which will be great! I hope to be fed some spiritual food and come away with a renewed heart and maybe a couple new friends, if I'm lucky.
I bought a new sleeping bag yesterday which was quite an experience. I am a horrible shopper and can never make up my mind. Especially about something like a sleeping bag, I mean, I have to sleep in the thing, it is a serious decision! I don't even know how long I spent standing there reading the descriptions, pulling them out, holding them up and seriously contemplating snuggling in them on the floor of Big W. Twice I walked half way to the check out with one only to turn back and get a different one. I am feeling really good about my choice. I think it will be very nice.
Also yesterday we got bank accounts set up and money deposited. I am very thankful to now have access to my funds! I was down to only change so it is good to have some bills again.
This week has been really good!
Saturday was my first softball game. I didn't play very well but I got to meet my team and I have full confidence that I will improve. After every game they have what is called Kangaroo Court. We sit in a circle and people propose fines for other people to raise money for the end of the season party. I was fined $1.50! It is 50 cents a fine and I got two for striking out and one for not proposing any fines for anyone else. You'd think they'd let it slide my first game. Nope. The team seems really friendly and great, God is good to me.
Sunday we got out internet up and running on our own laptops. I am writing this on good old lappy! It is a great feeling. And it's nice because I can sit in bed and do it, that's my favorite part. Sunday night was Youth and Young at Heart. I really enjoyed getting to know the other Christian's in this area. Afterward a few of us went to Mackers (McDonalds) for ice cream. It was so great to be out with people around my age just hanging out. Plus I love ice cream so all in all it was a real good night. Monday Bob and Lynne took us out to eat and I had what was probably the most delicious chicken I have ever tasted. It was SO good!! Then we had ice cream again. I had a scoop of macadamia and a scoop of midnight cookie, both divine. Tuesday was a long day of babysitting in the morning, which I thoroughly enjoy, and banking and shopping in the afternoon. Then we had mid-week services that evening which I enjoy more and more each week. We average about 8 people on Tuesday nights and I really like the small group setting.
This morning was playgroup and the weather was gorgeous! We won't have playgroup for two weeks because it is school holidays but after that Sammie and I are running the show. We could use your prayers for sure. Tonight the Chinese girls came over again for dinner and Bible Study. They are so fun and ask such deep questions. It is really interesting studying with them and I learn something every time. They are now on school holiday and next week they are taking us to China town so show us around and tell us where the hot spots are. I am SO excited. But I will be making it very clear I do not want any seafood!
I hope you all survive without me for a few days! I'm sure you'll be okay.

prayers:
Visas (good things are happening)
safe trip to Revive
good experience for all at the retreat
as always, FUNDRAISING

Thanks for all your love and support!

3 comments:

katie said...

Keep em coming Jamie! This is great :) Are the girls teaching you any Chinese?

Fradam said...

The people clamour for more news :)

jlair said...

Jamie. i'm TOTALLY jealous that you're at surf camp. you BETTER post pictures on here when you get back! :)

check out my blog... :)